Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Should I Wait? Or Do Something?


I’ve been thinking about the idea of “do something” as espoused in Andy Andrews book, The Final Summit.  I really enjoy his writing and I love the wisdom of this simple command.  After all I’m a ‘do something’ kind of girl.  I like to help. I like to be busy.  I believe in personal responsibility and work ethic.  And yet I’ve wondered how and where trusting in the Lord and waiting for His direction fits in. When I wait patiently on guidance, am I’m really just shirking my responsibility to do something?  Then I realized that the two are not mutually exclusive.  In fact, they are dependent on one another.  We as individuals and as an entire human race must definitely get busy.  However the work which will be most successful, which will in fact change the world, is that which is guided by God.  It is prudent not to get ahead of Him, but once direction has been given, it’s best to get on with it.  Don’t wait. Get moving.  And trust that He will show the next step and the one after that and the one after that. 
Peace,
md

No comments:

Post a Comment